Thursday, August 12, 2010

BEDA DAY 12

I'm trying to pretend that my interview at Borders went really well.

But basically it went down like this:

I walked into Borders at 2:25 just to make sure I was on time. I was told to ask for a guy who's name I wasn't exactly sure of. See I knew it was a guy, but on the phone it sounded like he said his name was either SHANE or SHAY.

I was confuzzled.

So I went to a guy working basically said: "Hi is Shayyyne available."

In which I basically got really quiet after the letters 'sha'.

He only looked confused for a moment before sending me over to the cafe.

There I met a guy named Shae. Yes, SHAE. He was...not enthusiastic about having to do what I assumed was ANOTHER interview and I guess I couldn't blame him.

I thought the interview would have been very standard 'what would you do in this situation' type thing. However, I just ended up talking about how much a love books and what books I'm excited for and if a customer came up to me I gave a scenario of how I'd recommend Mockingjay to them for reading.

After that point he looked at me fairly blankly and stated: "Well I've never heard such an enthusiastic reply before"

Awkward. I think I nerded out about books a little TOO much. But to be fair it was for a job at a bookstore.

I'll find out if I get a follow up interview in a few days.

-Holly

5 comments:

智柏林婉林亞 said...

拒絕冒險和成長的人,終將被生命的潮流陶汰。..................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

生命所經歷的折磨愈多,其所產生的奮鬥力愈大。................. ................................................

said...

學而時習之,不亦樂乎˙ω˙............................................................

fwqtsd said...

唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們......................................................................

Tudor-George said...

God I love your blog.It's so real-life,that you actually believe that you're next to me,tellin' your LIFE.Keep on doing this.

Cheers,
George.