Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You're mad at me aren't you?

C'mon that's hardly fair. I mean you didn't even remember my birthday!!! Jerk. To be honest I've considered updating you almost every day for the past few weeks. There will be times when I'll be in class and annoying girl will go on and on about how much she knows or she'll let our her bark of a laugh and I'll think:

When I get home...this is going in my blog.

But then I'll look at my mountain of homework since finals are next week and I'll feel guilty for neglecting my literature review, my case study, and my mock academic convention presentation.

I've been busy in the real world. And I must say the real world is NOT that much fun. Okay, I lied...it kind of is...for instance...



Super Mario Brothers Wii came out and when I do manage to pull myself out of my homework induced coma I spend time eating mini Mario mushrooms and sledding around in penguin suits.


Oh, and don't be mad but I had my 20th birthday while I was gone. I know a momentous occasion. For I am now in my early 20s, so anything I say or do will not be remembered until I get married. For presents (presents!) I got a Dumbledore's Army messenger bag, and even though I'm a Slytherin, I managed to spin an elaborate story of being a spy in the D.A.


I also experimented with my sexuality. I mean really, I don't even know who that IS!

I also had to catch up on all the great television shows I miss while I'm at night classes during the week. I mean I've got a full plate here. It's hard to catch up on Glee, The Office, 30 Rock, Jimmy Kimmel, V, Flashforward, AND The Vampire Diaries. SERIOUSLY.

I've also been busy spending money I don't have. This is a bad habit. A bad bad habit. For instance I bought the 3rd and 4th books in the vampire diaries series (which is just as amazing as the TV show). And I bought the first book in the Artemis Fowl series. As well as the first three books in the Percy Jackson series (WAY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE). I also bought...

anecklacesomeearingsareversableslytherinhoodieatonofbookstacobellcoffeesupermariobrotherswiisomeglovesapairofbootsokayfinetwopairsofboots...

but what's money in exchange for the happiness of consumerism? NOTHING. That's what.

But alas, Thanksgiving break is finally here. I really hate this holiday, I mean it serves no purpose and is painfully historically inaccurate. But who am I to argue with AMERICAN TRADITION??? I'm sure they got SOME facts right? I mean America is perfect after all. I'm sure the Native Americans sat down with the pilgrims and they all celebrated not starving...just before they started killing each other over a misunderstanding when someone asked to "pass the turkey." These things CAN happen.

My father and I are rebelling and plan on putting up our Christmas's tree, ordering pizza, and watching miracle on 34th street (our classic holiday movie just before Bad Santa) instead of doing the traditional feast. I like the way we run the house now a days to say the least.

So basically, I have no excuse for not updating you blog. But I'm doing it now! Right? Anyway, don't forget to send out your Candy Gram's kids.

"FOUR FOR YOU GLENN COCO, YOU GO GLENN COCO!"

5 special points if you can tell me what movie THAT quote is from.

-Holly

2 comments:

Megan said...

Mean Girls, the most quoteable movie ever!

Happy birthday!

And good luck with finals!

Marvelous Maggie said...

About time (although I have no room to talk)!

And I love Mean Girls. I haven't watched it in forever. Why? I don't know. . . . I think I'm sick or something.