Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life 'N stuff (I'm such a poet)


I FINALLY BOUGHT A CAR!

Hello, blog. Sorry it's been so long, but so much has happened! Okay, not really but let's start with my new car.

First of all it's not new. It's a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. BUT it only has 75,000 miles on it and it only cost me $5,600 which is great because that means NO CAR PAYMENTS! Which is heavenly to someone who only works once every two weeks.

That's right, I finally started working at the college football games. I made the best mistake ever of wearing blue on the first day when the home team is red and the opposing team was blue. I don't pay much attention to football, I just sell people water. It took me two days to recover from slugging around a huge box of bottled water, and marching up and down metal bleachers screaming at anyone who listened that I indeed had bottled water and it was in fact iced cold and only $3.

At the end of the day I got $30 in cash, which isn't enough to buy a wedding present, but enough to buy gas for the next 2 weeks until I work the next home game.

Saturday, my friend from high school is getting married. I haven't bought a gift yet, but the wedding doesn't start until 3pm so I assume I can just take care of that small problem earlier in the day. Thank you for credit cards. What's $40 more charged to my card when I've racked up $12,000 in debt for student loans?

I'm currently trying to read:
The Hobbit
Making social science matter
No one belongs here more than you
The scandal of the season
Mein kampf
Theorizing communication
Then we came to the end

2/7 of those are school books. I'll let you figure out which ones they are.

I've got a dress for the wedding that is currently residing in SLC, UT which I need here on my doorstep by 12pm Saturday.
I've got 2 threadless t-shirts on the way (which I'm thrilled about)
And I've just received new boots that I ordered online in the mail today (YAY!)
There is something magical about Fed-Ex and UPS when they just deliver big boxes of goodies for you and you can track their progress online. It's better than Santa!

I did officially receive my letter of acceptance into the Master of Science in Communications program (by the way). Classes start on the 23rd, they're all night classes (so I get to sleep in...YES!), and they're at the downtown campus so instead of a 40 minute commute I only have to drive 15 minutes.

I still have no solid income but...
Things are coming together.

-Holly

2 comments:

Megan said...

congrats about the course! thats fantastic!
and yes, all hail credit cards!
and congrats about the car!

and don't wear any more blue :P stick to the home team colour lol

Hollishillis said...

haha thanks for the advice and the well wishes!