Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Temp Job

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to open my e-mail. Yahoo is pissing me off as I can see the mail and who it is from but I cannot open and read it. IT IS TANTALIZING. (E-mail finally just opened).

The said e-mail is a job offer...a part time job offer...a lowest of the lows offer...but I am so desperate I'll take it at this point.

The county here usually recieves about 150 applicants for the annual fair. This year they recieved over 500. That shows you how desperate the unemployed people of this city are. I am one of them.

I will be putting my BA in English to good use working a concession stand at college football games from AUG-NOV. Woe is me. Does my situation remind you of Adventureland? It reminds me of it. I'm the poor loser in the movie who forgoes a trip to Europe because of the recession and ends up working at a carny booth.

I was up till 2am last night reseraching once more the most lovely location for this fantasy series I'm working on. It's an island off the coast of Ireland. I'm so excited about it. It has a great history which I'm trying to find out if I can legally incorporate and tweak a bit. I have no idea where to start looking for that information though.

I've been doing a lot of research for this book series but not a lot of actual writing. I need to start writing some interactions. Even if it's not used, just so I can get to know my characters better. Right now they're just fuzzy outlines in my head waiting to become 3D.


I'm going to down the rest of this coffee, get dressed, then try to find a nice writing spot to get to work! Since I have no job for a bit...this is my work...I'm just not getting paid...yet!

-Holly

1 comment:

Megan said...

You've been tagged!

http://bookworm-megs.blogspot.com/2009/08/meg-cabot-day-plus-classic-or.html