Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Future

I'm having some issues.
I'm feeling very boring right now.
Since I was 3 years old I've been going to some kind of school. It's all I know. Go to school have a summer off...go back. I was in this mode for so long I graduated college way earlier than most people do. I've been in some kind of learning education mode for 15 years. And now for the first time I'm not in that mode anymore. I don't know how to react or what to do with myself. Where do I go from here?
I have no car.
I have no job.
I'm a recent college graduated and I'm only 19.
I'm not sure what I'm doing with myself or my life.
If someone asked me:
What do you want to do with your life...if you could do anything?
I guess I'd say I wanted to write books and travel.
So what now? Do I just go do that? I envy people that have the means to go out and just hop on a plane and go somewhere.
I wish I could do that.
I guess I'm just trying to figure out what I do once I'm doing with my education. I think the problem is I don't want to be done. But don't get me wrong here...I have no real strong desire to go back to college for a graduate degree either.
At times like this I think it's important to keep one of my favorite quotes in mind:
I Never Let My Schooling, Interfere With My Education
So now I think it's time to take my schooling and go out into the world and get myself some education.
Where do I start...

2 comments:

Megan said...

oh you poor thing!
i can understand the problem
and seeing as you don't have a job, you clearly (do i assume right?) have no money, or certainly not enough to travel!
if you move back home - if thats an option - will give you more time to work out what you want to do without the pressures of rent/bills/etc.
maybe do some vol work or something while you sort yourself out?
failing that, do antoher course? or are you sick of school?
maybe take a gap trip or something. teach english to kids in china or something
you could write a book about that
make it interesting tho
maybe fictionlize it

Hollishillis said...

Yeah I have moved back home and that's helped. Thanks for the advice. Growing up sucks. Haha.