Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Letter H

I'm quite fond of the letter H, mostly because my name starts with H and that makes me a tiny bit biased.


Hiking
There is nothing I love more when the weather is nice outside and you're in the mood for hiking. Hiking is so much fun and it's such a great way to get exercise and enjoy nature. And not in a weird wordy Wordsworth way. In a fun nice exhilarating way. Hiking my favorite thing to do in the summer when you can't go swimming.


Happiness
Don't you just love happiness? I'm taking a women writers class on emotion ad everyday we have to go around in the circle and say how we feel that day and why. NO ONE ever says they're feeling happy. And that's just sad. Even I don't do it. It's always stress or tired or something. It's really too bad that a lot of people don't take the time anymore to be happy about their lives. I hope that you reader are happy. And if you are not I hope you find this upcoming weekend a good time to reflect on all the good things in you're life.


Hanson
I LOVE HANSON! I remember when I first heard them I was maybe eight years old. My Dad told me to come into the living room and look on the TV. He said there was an all girl sister band on TV and they played instruments and sang. It turned out they were an all boy brother bad in the end. But they all had long blond pretty wavy hair. The first instinct is usually to think GIRL. Okay they had that cliche song that was totally 90s: MmmBop! But after their first album they got a little more serious and did some really good acoustic things. If you get a chance you should listen to a song of theirs that came out in 2004 called Penny and Me. It's fantastic. Weirdly they're all married and have kids now which is a little freaky but cool at the same time. Go Hanson.


Harry Potter
Um...what can I say about Harry potter....? It's my entire life. I love it more than most anything. I obsess over it. I own several different t-shirts and key chains. Harry potter books are so wonderful I cant' even believe it exists sometimes. It makes me that happy. Even after all the books are over I still love it and read them all the time. I know it's something that I'm going to FORCE my children to read when they're old enough (and once I have kids...). My dad thought my obsession with Harry Potter would fade eventually. But I've been going strong for 11 years. My obsession hasn't faded a bit.

Tell reader, what else is awesome that starts with the letter H?
-Holly

No comments: