Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Letter F

So my school is doing this nation wide thing called Human vs Zombie tag. I played last quarter but opted out this quarter because fearing for my life got old. It was fun while it lasted but I just wasn't' that into getting socks thrown at my head and being told to "RUN HUMAN RUN!" when I had a 30lb back pack on and was wearing sandals. It was certainly an experience though.

Anyway the point is today I was hanging out on the lawn in front of the HUB enjoying the nice weather when I heard, "GET HIM NOW!" I was started put down my book and watched a 6 person epic battle. 4 zombies vs 2 humans. The zombies won. It was fun to watch but it was nice to know I didn't have to look left and right and fear for my life as I was relaxing and reading.

Anyway....onto the letter F.

F THE WORLD!


Fantasy
This picture is from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. I loved this movie even though I know everyone hated it. Maybe it's because I'm really biased as I love Natalie Portman with a passion that is not gay in anyway. She's just awesome. Anyway Fantasy is largely considered a literary genre and so I will talk about it as so. This picture is on a different planet of Padmes and it's so gorgeous. There's this fantastic architecture and giant animals that roam on these grassy hills and large waterfalls. That is what I see when I close my eyes and picture fantasy. However, it can be anything dealing with magic (HARRY POTTER), or anything out of the or diary and into the realm of fantastic. Fantasy is defiantly a favorite genre and a fantasy world is one in which I would love to live.


Friends
NOT GAY CHET AND RYAN! A good example of some good friend (who aren't dating). Sorry I watch too much The Soup. If you watched it...you might know why I find this so funny. Anyway, friends are awesome. Good friends are even better. People to pick you up when you're feeling down, people who you can always call, and who are always there to listen. I only have to two REAL friends but I like it that way. Keeps things more personal and real =]


Frindle
This book is so cool. It's about this geeky red haired freckled kid who decides to be COOL! He takes a ball point pen and comes to school and simply refuses to call it anything but a frindle. People become obsessed with this idea and suddenly the kid is really cool. AND EVERYONE WANTS A FRINDLE! What a marketing genius. I'm going to start calling giant overstuffed backpacks: Katunies. Yeah I made that up. I always have to carry around this giant overstuffed backpack and it sucks. It's not my fault I have a zillion books! Maybe if I called my cool backpack Katunies everyone would want one! That really is the moral of the story.


Food Network
http://hollishillis.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-affair-with-food-network.html
Please see previous blog on my obsession with the Food Network.


Fall Out Boy
Okay I know Fall Out Boy is really cool now but do YOU recognize the boys above as the same boys in the Fall Out Boy that is mass publicized now? I do. This is the Fall Out Boy I fell in LOVE with. I remember hearing their first album An Evening Out With Your Girlfriend and just melting. Patrick has the most amazing pop punk voice I've ever heard. I remember wearing this shirt that they don't make anymore saying: Fall Out Boy Is For Lovers-Soft Core Chicago. I remember thinking they were so cool because the names of their songs were so long and had nothing ot do with the lyrics and they were so clever. My favorites are:
I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)
Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying ( Do Your Part TO Save The Scene And Stop Going To Shows)
I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
Just so damn clever and funny. I love them. And I don't mind that they've gotten really popular. Usually stuff like that bothers me. Yeah it's annoying that I won't be able to see them ever again in a venue that fits 200 and only 20 people show up and we just dance and sing and they interact with us and we all scream the lyrics. I've got that memory at least. The only thing that really bothers me is the huge change in Pete Wentz since they became famous. He just looks like an asshole now. Like he's too cool for anyone. I just don't get it. He was always such a plain down to Earth guy from what I've observed and as soon as From Under the Cork Tree came out he just went all...well you've seen him...it's weird. But regardless unlike most bands who stop trying after a lot of success (aka money) Fall Out Boy is still putting out albums that sound just as good and fun as all the previous ones. And as long as that continues I won't complain a bit. I love Fall Out Boy.

I hope you all had a good day!

-Holly

No comments: