Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Letter C

Before we get to the letter c, today the weirdest thing happened to me.
I was walking into Starbucks to get an iced tea (I was going to read the book I have to read for class "The Female Man", don't ask it's weird) and I walk in the door and hear "HOLY EFF IT'S HOLLY" and I'm like huh? I don't have any friends here? What's going on! And it's this kid Branden I worked with at AMC like 2 years ago. It was so weird. But it was nice to know someone for once!
Oh and spring has hit Seattle, after 2 days of straight rain we've reached 60 degrees and I'm digging it.
So last night I was lying in bed thinking about the letter c. WHAT SHOULD I TALK ABOUT!? During that time I came up with this list...and so comes
The Letter C!
Clary Fray
Short, red haired, spunky, and fifteen. Clary Fray is my ultimate heroine. She's so badass. I mean she makes up steele symbols, she's got angels blood, and she saves the land of the shadow hunters. The best part about her is that she somehow always ends up making out with her brother when she doesn't know it's him. TWICE! TWICE! Given, one of them ends up not being her brother...but she thought he was for awhile. This poor girl. The series IS called The Mortal Instruments, but all three books start with the letter 'C' so I can lump the series into this category. I LOVE IT. READ IT PLEASE. It's amazing.

Chocolate

I'm a chocolate snob. Dark, milk, and white. I love expensive foreign chocolates. Chocolate. Is. God. It's one thing that I firmly believe in that has to be consumed at least once a day. Some people get cranky when they don't get their coffee, I get cranky when I don't get my daily chocolate fix. Dove is by far the richest most creamiest chocolate. They need to come out with a white chocolate in my opinion however. Then there's luscious lindor. Creamy cadbury. I just love chocolate. You have a place in my heart if you give me chocolate. My boyfriend gives me LOTS of chocolate. What a keeper.
Camping

So last night when I was thinking of chocolate as a good C, I started thinking about Smores. Then I thought it was too bad Smores started with a C because I really want to talk about it. Then I thought, Smores...remind me of camping...which I love...and camping starts with a C! PERFECT. Now I choose the above picture of a Smore because it has come to my attention that a lot of people in Europe do not know what a Smore is...and that's just too bad. Smores are the reason I go camping. There is nothing like setting up a tent, starting a fire (or watching others do it), roasting hot dogs, eating them, and then the anticipation of Smore making! You put the marshmellow on a stick, stick it over the fire till it's golden brown (personally I like them burnt...I'm weird), you get two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate and make a Smores sandwich. The most deliciously metly thing I've ever tasted. This is why camping is awesome.

Castles
When I went to Europe for two weeks I cannot count the amount of castles we looked at. Each castle we saw however, I remember distinctly pretending it was Hogwarts. Me and my cousin would run around in it and leave the main tour group trying to find secret passage ways and pretending the coolest room was the Gryffindor common room. And so I show the picture of Hogwarts. Castles are so pretty. Who DOESN'T want to live in a castle? I wish I did. For sure.

Chelsey Handler

I LOVE THIS B*(@#! Only she in all her glory can get away with saying ANYTHING. She also happens to make it hilarious. No one can get offended if she says it. And trust me, she tells it like it is. She has a fantastically great show on E! called Chelsey Lately, she's written two books, she's done stand up comedy, and she has the best assistant in the world, little Chuy. Gotta love this girl.


Cereal

I don't know about you, readers, but I could eat cereal for every meal of every day. There are so many different kinds YOU'D NEVER GET BORED. There is nothing like waking up to an empty house on Saturday morning, getting a large cake mixing bowl, filling it up with sugary cereal, pouring milk over it, sitting down, and watching cartoons. Me and my brother were famous for this. That is until TV decided to get rid of loony toons and the TV gained a lot of suck. But cereal is still sooo good. I love me some classic Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, Cocoa Puffs, Wheaties, Rice Krispie Treats, Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity pebbles, Apple Jacks, etc!


Cats
I am a cat person. I used to convince myself that I wasn't because cat people have a reputation of being snobby boring weirdos. But I just love little kitties! The above picture is of my last cat I had, Thomas. Thomas had this weird thing that if you touched or pet where the start of his tail was he would go NUTS. He had this odd habit of thrusting his butt in the air and purring ferociously. It was kind of scary, like he was having a heart attack. He always looked like he was stoned too. He was quite the cuddler though. <3>
Crying
"I'm not saying I don't cry but in between I laugh and I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously. Plus, I look forward to a good cry. It feels pretty good." Word, Sam. Word. You said it all.


Cheer

Every December I look forward to Maureen Johnson's Cheer! She gives out books, prizes, and letters! Cheer is something that comes up mostly around Christmas time, but really you can give cheer any time of the year. In fact I encourage it!
So for today, go out and give some cheer. Do it! You know what brings cheer to people? COMMENTS! So I urge you to go on the ning, and give out at least 5 comments to bloggers today. People work hard on their blogs, and there is nothing better than the sweet victory of recognition for that hard work.
Happy Saturday! See you all tomorrow.
BEDA DAY 4=COMPLETE!
-Holly

1 comment:

DoreMifa said...

mmmm. i want chocolate now...